Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'm thankful for....the rain.

Most of the time I'm like, "ehhhh, I don't want to get wet. If I am going to get wet I would prefer to take a shower or jump into a pool, or even better the ocean.

Rain is like, you start by getting drizzled on and feeling icky and you run for cover.

This drizzle factor is a regular thing in Hawaii, you get drizzled on, then you dry off. Then it happens again.

I'm not fond of getting partially rained on but I just got home and had a marvelous time biking from work and around town, stopped to meet somebody, dropped of my resume to a potentially fun part-time job, and stopped by the farmers market to spend some cash that maybe I shouldn't spend. Upon leaving the farmers' market it was inevitable that I was going to be drenched by the time I got home.

1/4 of the way, I'm okay,.... 1/2 way, little drizzle, .....last stretch and hear comes the downpour.

Biking through the downpour was very climatic and refreshing. I thoroughly enjoyed the adventure of it.

I'm thankful that when I surrender my bad attitude of being inconvenienced or discomforted I am blessed with joy and fulfillment.




No comments: