Monday, October 24, 2011

Aina Haina Shopping Center - REopening Extravaganza :D

I am so refreshed.
I love being around families and children.

This past Saturday I had the opportunity to illustrate the windows for a small business called, Bee Green Cleaners at the Aina Haina Shopping Center. David, the owner, is so great to work with. I'm so delighted to have had the chance to be creative and support his business.




Upon finishing, I had a really fun time painting children's faces. It was so much fun seeing them thrilled when they look in the mirror at the flower, or honu, or smiley face, etc.
Occasionally, I had a special request such as a red dragon or Socks for Heroes. I have to admit, I may have made the mistake and spelled "Heroes" incorrectly on a couple of girls faces, but they loved it anyway :) whoopsie daisies.

By the end of the afternoon, my treat to myself was keiki sized ice cream on a sugar cone from Foodland and free samples of awesome food from local farmers and seasonal items in for the holidays.

What a great Saturday!


No comments: