Saturday, December 20, 2008

4000 Miles From Home: Just The 3 of Us



There's Angela and Emily taking naps :) I've never been so envious....
Thanks to Boingo, my 24 hour wireless subscription works in Paris too!

Poor Dan made it all the way to JFK while we were still boarding the flight, but they wouldn't let him check in.
What's worse is that they delayed us another hour and a half because some other passenger was "missing" or something.
All the while, Dan was only a hop, skip and a jump away. :-/
But Ang, Em and I made it to Paris around 10:45am.
We missed our 10:25am flight to Chennai because of the delay.
If we stayed in Paris til the next direct flight it would be 2 nights here-which would be SWEET!!-except AirFrance would only accommodate us for one night. Lame...
Sooo, we're flying to Singapore at 11:15pm (aka 2315) tonight and then coming back up to Chennai.
Dan slept in JFK, has a hotel tonight and will fly out the following day.
I haven't heard from Kristin or the Paxtons yet, but they are all in Nashville as far as I know.

It is currently 9:00AM in Chicago/Nashville and almost 4:00pm here in Paris.
This is crazy.
But God is GOOD and we will get there soon!
Sheesh. :)
Pray we don't get caught in Singapore for any reason, it's an 11 hour flight as it is. lol

God's doing a great job of teaching us trust, patience and flexibility....
We're really just trying to put our faith in Him and see how things play out.
I have no clue how all of this is going to end up.
But no worries, it'll all work out for good...

Sleep would be great right now cuz I'm getting kind of dizzy.
I can only imagine what the rest of the trip is going to be like, us 3 girls have been joking about seeing all 7 continents before we make it to Chennai :-P

Man, through all of this, I can feel God using these circumstances to push the selfishness out of me...
It's the same feeling as fasting... that sense of cleanliness after your body becomes detoxified from the junk you ate yesterday.
Know what I mean?
I would go way more in depth if I had the brain power...
There will be better news to come :)

Special thanks to Nikki Faye for being a servant and encourager :)
The verses you wrote in my Christmas card have been building me up so much.
Here's one to leave you all with (it has certainly related to our current situation):
"God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'we are his offspring.'"
~Acts 17:27-28

Gooood NIGHT! kind of.
I cannot wait to see all of your wonderful faces again w/ lots of stories in tow. :)

--posted by Sarah Chellappa

No comments: