Monday, February 11, 2008

time flies

There has been so many memorable moments over the last couple of months. It has been awhile since I have put up an entry. Now is the time to change that stagnant time.

Being home over Christmas and New Year was a thing to savor. I am realizing how much God is allowing myself, my brother and sister to really just grow. I'm 25! for example. This doesn't mean I have to become an old boring person, but more and more I feel the distance from childhood. Some people in a single day can realize they have reached adulthood and childhood had disappeared. For me it is like being on a train and waving goodbye to my childhood until it vanishes on the horizon. sigh. I have been slow to grow up, mainly because like many people, we don't want to face up to our responsibilities. Yes, I'm making it sound like it is a desperately sad loss, but in reality it is the best opportunity to define the next season of, I'm guessing, 10 years or so.

I've been in San Francisco, Califonia for the last six months and it is like a whole other world on the west coast. Melanie and I have been like iron sharpening iron since coming to this city. Rob is hoping that I fall in love with northern California, because that is where he is from, so far, so good. I have another few months to really make memories. I have found a great church and wonderful new friends. Finding a support group is such a blessing after all this time. Kristen and Tim open their home to so many Journey members, Jade is the all-star at servanthood and hospitality, Alex and Allison are the most encouraging people I have met since coming here and Chris Brady - this guy has been a bright shining example of courage, boldness and obedience to the Holy Spirit. He is a witness of God's powerful and mighty hand that can rock our world centering God's power in the streets of San Francisco. God really is awesome in this place.

No comments: