Saturday, November 3, 2007

Asian Art Museum - "Matcha Night"

TEXTURED PHOTOGRAPHY

I had a blast volunteering with the Asian Art Museum yesterday. I helped out with the hands-on activity called, "Textured Photography". In the end, I had the opportunity to create my own photos as well. We had a huge set up. I had the best volunteer spot managing the chemistry. After the photopaper had been prepared, I explained to the visitors to drop it in the developer and use the tongs to agitate the paper through the developer. The chemical reaction exposed the image and it appears to be like magic watching the image reveal itself. Then they put the photo in the 1st fix, (the stop) to keep it from becoming too exposed (too dark).
It was so much fun.

I made a couple of textured photos myself.

No comments: