Friday, September 21, 2007

"Know Thyself" -Socrates

September 21, 2007
The Missionary’s Predestined Purpose

Now the Lord says, who formed Me from the womb to be His Servant . . . —Isaiah 49:5

The first thing that happens after we recognize our election by God in Christ Jesus is the destruction of our preconceived ideas, our narrow-minded thinking, and all of our other allegiances— we are turned solely into servants of God’s own purpose. The entire human race was created to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever. Sin has diverted the human race onto another course, but it has not altered God’s purpose to the slightest degree. And when we are born again we are brought into the realization of God’s great purpose for the human race, namely, that He created us for Himself. This realization of our election by God is the most joyful on earth, and we must learn to rely on this tremendous creative purpose of God. The first thing God will do is force the interests of the whole world through the channel of our hearts. The love of God, and even His very nature, is introduced into us. And we see the nature of Almighty God purely focused in

John 3:16 — "For God so loved the world. . . ."

We must continually keep our soul open to the fact of God’s creative purpose, and never confuse or cloud it with our own intentions. If we do, God will have to force our intentions aside no matter how much it may hurt. A missionary is created for the purpose of being God’s servant, one in whom God is glorified. Once we realize that it is through the salvation of Jesus Christ that we are made perfectly fit for the purpose of God, we will understand why Jesus Christ is so strict and relentless in His demands. He demands absolute righteousness from His servants, because He has put into them the very nature of God.
Beware lest you forget God’s purpose for your life

***"I am a born again, spirit-filled believer in Jesus Christ!" I need to say that out loud, but for this moment I am writing it to you in an email. I need to get back to the basics of my faith. Who am I? In the last few years I always tell people, "I'm a Christian but I have no denomination." I feel like when I say that it is placing me in a very vague category of people. Growing up in a charismatic non-denominational (very missionary and youth oriented church) We didn't just claim, "I am a Christian." but "I am a born again Christian" or "I am a born again believer" "....in Christ." "spirit-filled" And we didn't just sit in church to ourselves, we did Chicago outreaches teaming with other churches, supported missionaries in several countries around the world, and had a youth group that was so encouraging and full of growth.
I shouldn't be timid about my faith and who I am. If I am asked I should say it with confidence because I have nothing to be scared of. God! What have I been doing all this time? Well, I know He has been shaping me through the support of many Judson friends, and now He is shaping me because I'm just getting more up close and personal with all the world has put in front of my face.


A song comes to mind:


DARLENE ZSCHECH - The Potter's Hand
Verse:Beautiful Lord, Wonderful Saviour
I know for sure, all of my days are held in your hands,
crafted into your perfect plan
You gently call me into your presence
guiding me by Your Holy Spirit
Teach me dear Lord to live all of my life
through Your eyes
I'm captured by Your holy calling
Set me apart, I know you're drawing me to yourself
Lead me Lord I pray
Chorus:Take me, Mold me, use me, fill me
I give my life to the Potter's hand
Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me
I give my life to the Potter's hand
you gently call me into your presence
guiding me by your holy spirit
teach me dear lord to live through your eyes
i'm captured by you holy calling
set me apart, I know your drawing me to yourself
lead me lord i pray
Repeat Chorus


I need to get down on my knees again and just praise, cry, and be with my Lord.

No comments: