Wednesday, July 25, 2007

to delight

de·light
Spelled Pronunciation[di-lahyt]
–noun
1.
a high degree of pleasure or enjoyment; joy; rapture: She takes great delight in her job.
2.
something that gives great pleasure: The dance was a delight to see. –verb (used with object)
3.
to give great pleasure, satisfaction, or enjoyment to; please highly: The show delighted everyone. –verb (used without object)
4.
to have great pleasure; take pleasure (fol. by in or an infinitive): She delights in going for long walks in the country.



So I have all these thoughts about "What's happening next?" I have desires to hold on to what I know and what is familiar and at the same time I dream about what I could do next. All this to say that I have many wishes about what I want, but I realize that life will only be full of wanting and dissatisfaction unless I place my delight in the Lord. I will delight in Him and all His blessings!


Really,....even now at this moment the first thing I can say I delight in is His saving grace on my life and the most awesome parents, brother and sister. (of course we musn't forget Gucci)



I am truly rich :)



Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Ps37.4

Who says dreams can't come true?































































American Psychological Association (APA):
delight. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Retrieved July 25, 2007, from Dictionary.com website:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/delight
Chicago Manual Style (CMS):
delight. Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Random House, Inc.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/delight (accessed: July 25, 2007).
Modern Language Association (MLA):
"delight." Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Random House, Inc. 25 Jul. 2007. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/delight>.

1 comment:

rguinn said...

It's wonderful how you take the time to define the key word in your statement before anything else. Too many people use words without knowing what they really mean.